HELIAR 40mm F2.8 Aspheric VM-E-mount
- Voigtlander M Mount Lens but works only on Sony E Mount Camera bodies
- Fits Sony E-Mount with VM to E Close Focus Adapter Only
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to 22
- 19.7" Close Focus with Sony E Adapter
- Collapsible Design for Compact Form
- Aspherical Lens Element
- Manual Focus
- Solid Metal Build
- Includes Lens Hood and Dome
Must watch this video here on how to use this lens!
Voigtlander 40mm f/2.8 Overview
The VM 40mm f/2.8 Heliar Lens for Sony E-Mount from Voigtlander is an M mount lens however it is designed to work as a close focus lens with full frame and APS-C Sony E-mount cameras in conjunction with the separately sold Voigtlander VM-E Close Focus Adapter for VM-Mount Lens to Sony E-Mount Camera. The lens itself does not have a focusing helicoid so cannot be focused without the adapter and with the adapter it provides a minimum focus distance of 19.7".
The lens itself has a collapsible design which maintains the compact form of Sony E-mount cameras. When collapsed, the lens measures a 0.5" and when extended for shooting it is 0.84" long. An all-metal build provides a solid feel and durability to this manual focus lens. Its optical design includes 5 elements in 3 groups and a 10-blade diaphragm. Its filter thread has a 37mm diameter and included with the lens is a dome and dedicated lens hood.
- VM mount lens designed for Sony E mount lenses in conjunction with the VM to E-Mount Close-Up Adapter.
- A 40mm focal length on full frame cameras provides versatile approach between wide-angle and standard length perspectives. On an APS-C camera it offers a 35mm focal length equivalent of 60mm.
- A collapsible design reduces the length of the lens to 0.5" when not in use.
- An all-metal build and compact design provide durability and smooth, precise manual focus
In the Box
- Voigtlander VM 40mm f/2.8 Heliar Lens for Sony E-Mount
- Lens Hood
- Lens Dome
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
Not in the Box
- Required VM-E Close Focus Lens Adapter (Not Included)
Focal Length 40mm Maximum Aperture f/2.8 Minimum Aperture f/22 Lens Mount Leica M Format Compatibility Full-Frame Angle of View 57° Minimum Focus Distance 19.7" / 50.04 cm Optical Design 5 Elements in 3 Groups Diaphragm Blades 10 Focus Type Manual Focus Image Stabilization None Filter Size 37 mm (Front) Dimensions (DxL) 2.05 x 0.84" / 52 x 21.4 mm Weight 4.7 oz / 132 g Packaging Info Package Weight 0.6 lb Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 5.2 x 4.5 x 4.5"