HELIAR Vintage Line 50mm F3.5 M-mount
Our Most Adorable Lens!
- Leica M-Mount
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- Single Coating
- Manual Focus Design
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 2.3'
- Filter Thread: 43mm
- 10-Blade Diaphragm
- Real world sample / review from Steve Huff here
Voigtlander Heliar 50 F3.5 Overview
Paying homage to the classic designs of some of Voigtlander's earliest lenses, the Heliar 50mm f/3.5 is a unique normal-length prime intended to provide a vintage image quality, complete with rich color saturation and high sharpness. Compatible with 35mm film and full-frame M-mount rangefinder cameras, this lens uses a traditional Heliar optical design and features a durable all-metal exterior with an engraving of the five-elements-in-three-groups optical layout. Smooth manual focus operation permits working with subjects as close as 2.3' away, and a de-clicked manual aperture ring permits making smooth, silent aperture transitions to benefit both stills and video applications. Additionally, a 10-blade diaphragm is featured to contribute to a smooth bokeh quality.
- Simple five elements, three groups Heliar optical design is used to offer a classic image quality with strong color reproduction and fine sharpness.
- Exterior of the lens is designed to match some of the earliest Voigtlander lenses from the 19th century, and features an all-metal build for durability as well as an engraved rendition of the Heliar design.
- Manual focus design permits working with subjects as close as 2.3' away, and the lens will couple to rangefinder mechanisms for focusing accuracy.
- De-clicked manual aperture ring permits smooth, seamless aperture adjustments, and a 10-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- A screw-in type lens hood is included to protect the front element from stray light while shooting, and a dedicated metal front lens cap is also provided to guard the lens while not in use.
In the Box
Voigtlander Heliar 50mm f/3.5 Lens
- Metal Front Lens Cap
- Rear Cap
- Screw-In Lens Hood
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
Focal Length 50mm Maximum Aperture f/3.5 Minimum Aperture f/22 Lens Mount Leica M Angle of View 46° Minimum Focus Distance 2.3' / 70 cm Optical Design 5 Elements in 3 Groups Diaphragm Blades 10 Filter Thread 27mm Dimensions ø: 2.0 x L: 1.7" / ø: 52.0 x L: 43.2 mm Weight 7.4 oz / 209 g Packaging Info Package Weight 0.75 lb Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 5.2 x 4.4 x 4.4"