- Adapts Pentax DA-mount Lens (without aperture ring) to a Canon EOS (EF-S)-mount DSLR camera body
- Light-shading plate minimizes vignetting & reflections from electrical contacts
- Extremely smooth & reliable locking / unlocking mechanism
- Mounts without any play for stable camera & lens operation
- Flange back accuracy ensures accurate focusing from minimum to infinity
- Tested for optical axis accuracy for blurr free photos
- Patent applied for its slim design & unique locking / unlocking mechanism
- Bayonet type mount
- Hand Crafted in Japan
- Includes 18% GST & 18 months official India warranty
RAYQUAL Penkax DA-mount Lens to Canon EF-S-mount body adapter
Product Use Guide
Pentax DA Type Lens-Adapter for EOS An adapter that uses a Pentax DA type lens without an aperture ring in the EOS body. With the lens attached to the adapter, play is provided in the rotational direction, and aperture operation is performed within this range. ※ PDA-EOS is only for DA type lens When using PENTAX lens other than DA type
The DA lens is an APS-C format lens. Use the body to be used with EOS in APS-C format. (It is possible to use it with EOS1D system by modifying the lens, but vignetting occurs because the image circle is different.)
Attention When using a flower-shaped hood, vignetting may occur at the minimum aperture. Remove the hood or open the squeeze to a place where there is no vignetting. (The vignetting is usually eliminated by moving back one or two steps from the minimum aperture)
One step and two steps of the aperture operation will be performed just like in a manual lens. (For example, in the case of a lens of F2 to F22, one-fifth of the rotation width will be the aperture operation for one step).
DA55mm F1.4 SDM etc. have 2 contacts for power supply and interfere with the light shield plate of the mount However, the shield plate is plastic and elastic, so it can be used without any problems.
[ About the setting of the camera body ]
- Set "Release without lens" on the camera body to "ON" before using.
- (The shutter can not be released unless it is set to “ON”.
Restrictions common to RAYQUAL Adapters
● Even when the lens used is for AF, use via the adapter will be manual focus.
● The camera mode can only be set to manual or aperture priority.
● The aperture can not be operated from the camera side.
● The lens name, focal length and aperture value are not recorded in the EXIF information.
● When using a lens with an aperture ring for an aperture-type adapter (NFG or PDA), it can be used by setting the aperture ring of the adapter to the minimum. (2 aperture rings are required and some familiarity is required to
use them. Please use NFG, PDA type to use both with aperture and apertureless lenses with one adapter .)
- Adapter Thickness - 1.46mm
- From Connection Type (Lens) - Pentax DA (without aperture ring)
- To Connection Type (Camera) - Canon EOS (EF-S)