NOKTON classic 35mm F1.4 SC II M-mount
- Inclusive of 18% GST
- New improved version !! Lens of our most adorable 35mm Lens
- Leica M-Mount Lens - can be easily adapted to a Sony E, Nikon Z, Canon EOS EF-M & R, FujiFilm X & MFT camera bodies
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- High Refractive Index Glass
- Manual Focus Design
- Minimum Focus Design: 0.7
- Filter Thread: 43mm
- 10-Blade Diaphragm
- Extremely compact form factor & light weight
- Limited 18 Months India Warranty
- Does not include LH-6 Hood
Voigtlander BA347B overview
Blending a compact form factor with versatile performance, the Nokton Classic 35mm f/1.4 SC II from Voigtlander is a fast wide-angle prime designed for M-mount rangefinder cameras. Using a symmetrical optical design, along with high refractive index glass, distortion and spherical aberrations are controlled in order to realize a high degree of sharpness, clarity, and even illumination. This lens also features a single coating, as opposed to a more common multi-layered coating, which offers a subtler image quality with slightly reduced contrast that is especially well-suited to black and white photography. Its manual focus design permits working with subjects as close as 0.7m away and a 10-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality to suit working with shallow depth of field.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture helps control depth of field for shallow depth of field shooting, and also benefits working in difficult lighting conditions.
- A symmetrical optical design, along with high refractive index glass, is used to reduce distortion and spherical aberrations for improved clarity, sharpness, and even illumination.
- Single-layer coating helps to reduce flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color neutrality, however this coating is intentionally less effective than common multi-layered coatings in order to produce a dreamy, less contrast-rich image quality well-suited to black and white imagery
- Manual focus design enables a minimum focusing distance of 2.3'.
- A 10-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Compatible with optional LH-6 lens hood.
In the Box
Voigtlander Nokton Classic 35mm f/1.4 II SC Lens
- Front and Rear Lens Caps
- Limited 18 Months India Warranty
- Focal Length : 35mm
- Aperture Ratio : 1:1.4
- Minimum Aperture : F16
- Lens Construction : 6 groups 8 elements
- Angle of View : 63°
- Aperture Blades : 10
- Minimum Focus : 0.7m
- Filter Size : φ43mm
- Diameter x Length : φ55mm x 28.5mm
- Weight : 200g
- Mount : VM mount
- Hood : LH-6 (option)
With its compact size and large maximum aperture realized by combining a traditional symmetrical lens configuration with the latest optical materials, the NOKTON classic 35mm F1.4 VM is the ideal semi wide-angle lens for rangefinder cameras, and the lens has received wide acclaim over the more than 10 years since its release in 2008.
While retaining the soft and beautiful “bokeh” at full aperture and sharp rendering when stopped down of its predecessor, the NOKTON classic 35mm F1.4 II VM is updated for enhanced user friendliness on digital cameras. The optical formula of this lens received a “tune up” with the aim of improving focus accuracy when using live view to focus. The spherical aberrations that influenced image rendering on its predecessor are retained as is, intentionally so. However with this upgraded version, with respect to the phenomenon caused by spherical aberrations where the focus position shifts when stopping the aperture down to capture an image after focusing with live view at maximum aperture, this shift in the image plane caused by changing the aperture is now almost entirely eliminated. Furthermore, for focusing at the center of the image using live view and then recomposing to place the subject toward the periphery, stable imaging is realized by improving astigmatism in the intermediate region high range of the image in order to suppress waviness in the image plane at the intermediate region of the image. In addition, the new lens features the same highly accurate focusing cam as its predecessor for reliable focusing from maximum aperture using an optical rangefinder.
The new lens is offered with two types of coating: multi-coating for neutral color rendering and single coating for classical tones. You can choose the lens coating to suit your taste.