- Adapts any Pentax K Lens to a Canon EOS (EF-S) camera body
- Offers high precision, quality & robustness
- Consistent & precise thickness of the adapter ensures accurate minimum / infinity focusing
- Accurate parallelism of the front & back mounting surfaces for blurr free photos
- Precision engineered from inside for extremely low internal reflections
- Its a standard adapter with no close-focusing ring
- Hand Crafted in Japan
RAYQUAL Pentax K lens to Canon EOS (EF-S) body adapter
Product Use Guide
Until now, adapters that use PK lenses to EOS (EF-S) bodies could not be made from the dimensions of the flange back. There were a lot of inquiries to say, but in fact the production was postponed due to the problem of the lens aperture mechanism and the interference of the mirror box.
However, this adapter can be used with no problems with digital bodies that adopt the EF-S mount such as EOS KissD system, EOS-20D to 60D, EOS7D.
In addition, it has been found that other digital EOS and silver halide EOS can be used by modifying the aperture lever of the lens. The modified PK lens can be used normally even if it is used with the original Pentax body.
※ However, it does not correspond to EOS-D30, D60, 10D.
When the Helicoid is near infinity, it may interfere with the mirror. In order to eliminate this interference, a modification can be made to process the back ball pressure ring.
Lens modification involves bending the aperture lever and cutting the bevel at the tip and the guard next to the aperture lever. If the bending angle of the lever is subtle and it bends too much, it will interfere with the mirror, and if it is not enough it will interfere with the mirror box.
[ About the setting of the camera body ]
- Set "Release without lens" on the camera body to "ON" before using.
- (The shutter can not be released unless it is set to “ON”.
Restrictions common to RAYQUAL Adapters
● Even when the lens used is for AF, use via the adapter will be manual focus.
● The camera mode can only be set to manual or aperture priority.
● The aperture can not be operated from the camera side.
● The lens name, focal length and aperture value are not recorded in the EXIF information.
● When using a lens with an aperture ring for an aperture-type adapter (NFG or PDA), it can be used by setting the aperture ring of the adapter to the minimum. (2 aperture rings are required and some familiarity is required to
use them. Please use NFG, PDA type to use both with aperture and apertureless lenses with one adapter .)
- Adapter Thickness - 1.46mm
- From Connection Type (Lens) - Pentax K
- To Connection Type (Camera) - Canon EOS (EF-S)