Voigtlander 35mm f/1.4 overview
Compact yet fast, the Nokton Classic 35mm f/1.4 Lens from Voigtlander is a standard wide-angle prime designed for full-frame Sony E mirrorless cameras. Its classic wide focal length pairs with a bright f/1.4 maximum aperture to deliver notable control over depth of field for producing shallow depth of field imagery, and also benefits working in low-light conditions. Helping to achieve the lens's namesake Classic look, a symmetrical optical design is used, along with high refractive index glass, to produce sharp, clear imagery but with some intentional aberrations left to realize a smooth and vintage-esque character. The lens's manual focus design permits working with subjects as close as 11.8" away and the mount incorporates electronic contacts to relay Exif data and to make use of in-camera shooting and focus aids.
- Standard wide-angle prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 52.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright, fast f/1.4 maximum aperture affords extensive control over depth of field for selective focus techniques, and also benefits working in low-light conditions.
- High refractive index glass helps to suppress spherical aberrations for a clean, sharp image quality, however the classic-inspired design intentionally does not correct all aberrations in order to achieve a smooth aesthetic character.
- Manual focus design permits smooth, refined control along with a minimum focusing distance of 11.8".
- Ten-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth quality of bokeh.
- Contacts transfer all Exif data between the camera and lens in order to permit full use of camera functions, including focus magnification, image stabilization, and lens corrections.
In the Box
Voigtlander Nokton Classic 35mm f/1.4 Lens for Sony E
- Front and Rear Lens Caps
- Lens Hood
- Limited 18 Months India Warranty
- Focal Length: 35mm
- Maximum Aperture: F1.4
- Minimum Aperture: F16
- Lens Construction: 6 groups 8 elements
- Angle of View: 63°
- Aperture Blade: 10
- Minimum Focus: 0.3m
- Macro Ratio: 1:6.3
- Filter Size: φ58mm
- Maximum Diameter: Approx. φ67.0mm
- Length: Approx. 39.6mm
- Weight: Approx. 262g
- Mount: E-mount
- Aperture Ring: Available (Manual Setting)(1/3 stop increments)
- Electric Contact: Available
- Manual Focus Assist: Available
- Exif Data: Available
- Auto Lens Correction: Possible
- 5-Axis Image Stabilization: Possible
- * only on camera body with 5-Axis Image Stabilization
- Supplied Accessory: Front Cap, Rear Cap, Lens Hood